Western Watersheds Project is seeking a qualified and committed Executive Director for their headquarters office in Sun Valley, Idaho. The organization has offices in nine western states.
The ED will oversee a dozen staff and contract employees in multiple field offices; ensure financial health of the organization; review, commit to and be comfortable with litigation both strategically and procedurally; be the face of the organization in the media; and interact with agencies and policy-makers on a range of conservation issues. Salary commensurate with experience.
Required Skills & Desired Characteristics
- Significant nonprofit, staff and project management experience
- Excellent communications skills, oral and written
- Demonstrated leadership capacity
- Financial management skills/experience
- Proven track record with fundraising success
- Flexibility and creativity in problem solving
- Commitment to protecting public lands and restoring western watersheds and wildlife
The ED salary will be set commensurate with experience and competitive with other small non-profit environmental organizations. WWP provides health insurance benefits, a retirement contribution, four weeks paid vacation each year, sick leave, and eight paid holidays.